The Pupil Premium Grant is additional to main school funding and is allocated to schools to help them tackle disadvantage and address inequalities for socially disadvantaged pupils.
At Kingston St Mary C of E Primary School:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources mean that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time.
- We will publish information on how we have used our Pupil Premium funding.
How we have used, and will use our funding.