What is the role of a Digital Leader?
A Digital Leader is part of the Digital Leader Team, made up of enthusiastic pupils, who support the use & development of technology in school.
Digital leaders will:
- help staff get computing equipment ready and organised, i.e. charging laptops and iPads) ;
- support teachers in using technology in the classroom;
- share their skills & knowledge with other pupils, classes and teachers;
- attend and assist at Computer Clubs;
- test & review new IT resources, including hardware, software and websites, which may be used in future Computing lessons;
- promote online safety by preparing and leading half-termly assemblies;
- help organise Safer Internet Day;
- interview & recruit new Digital Leaders.
What makes a good Digital Leader?
We are looking for KS2 pupils who are:
- good with technology/enjoy using technology;
- able to work independently and in collaboration with others;
- like helping others;
- patient, honest & reliable.
How do I apply?
- Collect an application form from Mrs Willis and fill it in;
- Return the completed form to Mrs Willis by 3:15pm on Friday 10th September;
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a short interview;
- If successful, you will be given more information on your role and signed up for training.
We will be enrolling new Digital Leaders in September.